Special Tour Guidelines During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, Pearl S. Buck International is implementing special guidelines for tours of the Pearl S. Buck House National Historic Landmark until further notice. With the health and safety of visitors a top priority, cleaning, disinfecting, and social distancing protocols and practices are being followed to ensure a safe, comfortable, welcoming environment for all our staff, volunteers, and visitors. While visitors can expect a “new normal” at Pearl S. Buck International, we hope they will still same the same enjoyable, educational, and thought-provoking experience on our Taking Action Tour and in our Awards Room and International Gift Shop.
Some of the new changes and protocols guest can expect include:
- Due to social distancing recommendations, tours will be limited to five people until further notice. Please maintain a distance of six feet between you and anyone not in your party.
- It is strongly encouraged to request a tour time ahead of time either through the website or by calling the front desk at 215-249-0100 x110. While you can call for a tour from our parking lot, we can not guarantee there will be a tour slot available.
- All staff, volunteers, and visitors are required to wear a mask while on the grounds and inside the House.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facilities.
- We ask that you do not touch or lean on anything inside the House. This is both for the preservation of our historic collection (which can be damaged by the oils on human skin) and because it would be impossible to properly sanitize objects and furniture in our historic collection.
- The gift shop will be open before or after your tour. Staff will aid you with our new shopping safety protocols to ensure minimal contact.
- Staff will sanitize the museum and the Welcome Center between tours, so please be patient if there is a delay in the start of your tour time.
Until further notice, all tours of the Pearl S. Buck House are complimentary thanks to a generous grant from Visit Bucks County. For more information about tours at this time, please call the front tour desk at 215-249-0100 x110.