Each year during the Annual Festival of Trees, the rooms of Pearl S. Buck’s iconic Bucks County stone farmhouse come alive with the glow of holiday decorations. The event showcases beautiful trees and vignettes designed by Bucks County’s best artists, decorators, and local community groups to convey the spirit of Pearl S. Buck’s legacy as an author, humanitarian, and activist. Visitors have the opportunity to vote for their favorite display. Even though this year will look a little different due to COVID-19 protocols, the Festival of Trees remains one of the most unique and historic holiday traditions in the region.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, Pearl S. Buck International is implementing special guidelines for tours of the Pearl S. Buck House National Historic Landmark until further notice. With the health and safety of visitors a top priority, cleaning, disinfecting, and social distancing protocols and practices are being followed to ensure a safe, comfortable, welcoming environment for all our staff, volunteers, and visitors. While visitors can expect a “new normal” at Pearl S. Buck International, we hope they will still same the same enjoyable experience on our house tours and in our Awards Room and International Gift Shop.
Some of the new changes and protocols guest can expect on tours of the Pearl S. Buck House include:
- Due to social distancing recommendations, tours will be limited to five people until further notice. Please maintain a distance of six feet between you and anyone not in your party.
- Reservations can be made either through the website or by calling the front desk at 215-249-0100 x110.
- All staff, volunteers, and visitors are required to wear a mask while on the grounds and inside the House.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facilities.
- We ask that you do not touch or lean on anything inside the House. This is both for the preservation of our historic collection (which can be damaged by the oils on human skin) and because it would be impossible to properly sanitize objects and furniture in our historic collection.
- The gift shop will be open before or after your tour. Staff will aid you with our new shopping safety protocols to ensure minimal contact.
- Staff will sanitize the museum and the Welcome Center between tours, so please be patient if there is a delay in the start of your tour time.
You can make a reservation online using the calendar below or by calling our tour desk at 215-249-0100. Please note:
- Each person in your group must have a separate registration.
- Tour requests are not guaranteed at the time of your booking. You will be contacted by a staff member to confirm your reservation. When your registration is confirmed, please let us know the total number of people (up to 5) in your party and every party member’s name.
- If you make a same-day tour reservation online, especially on the weekend, please follow up by calling the tour desk at 215-249-0100 to ensure your request is promptly received.
- When you arrive for your scheduled tour time, please call the tour desk at 215-249-0100 to be let into the Welcome Center.
- Pearl S. Buck International reserves the right to deny entry to any person who does not adhere to the guidelines shared via our signage or verbally by Pearl S. Buck International staff and volunteers.