Education and training at Pearl S. Buck International is predicated on and seeks to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in all programming.
A program tailored to propel organizations and individuals forward
“When they come here, [people] should be taught as the basis for American citizenship that here we may differ each from the other, and that diversity is our strength and our nature, and each man is to believe what he feels true, and our one common belief is this.”
Pearl S. Buck, On Discovering America, 1937
“Race prejudice is not only a shadow over the colored it is a shadow over all of us, and the shadow is darkest over those who feel it least and allow its evil effects to go on.”
Pearl S. Buck
Welcome Workplace is a cross-cultural, multi-dimensional competency program designed to help schools, businesses, non-profits, and organizations establish an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I). In continuing Pearl Buck’s legacy of championing multicultural and diversity awareness, our program provides actionable individual and organizational intercultural competency assessment and cultural and DE&I training and helps ensure organizations are positioned for success in a changing landscape.
As the United States' population changes, so do customers and workforces. This affects the demand for products and services. With diverse customers and workforces, intercultural competency and comprehensive diversity, equity and inclusion programs are an essential value and skill to ensure the success and effective management of organizations and businesses. This is where Welcome Workplace comes in.
Our interactive facilitator-led program goes beyond Human Resource policies or quotas, and is designed to introduce you, your staff, your volunteers and Boards to the skills, insights, and attitudes needed to ensure multicultural and diversity awareness is embedded within your organization. The program’s objectives are to help organizations:
- Establish a common understanding of DE&I practices and opportunities for professional development.
- Enhance collaboration, engagement, and teaming within the organization.
- Create an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion so clients feel understood and heard and employees and volunteers feel respected for their unique talents, perspectives, and contribution.
Through Welcome Workplace, we explore the many facets of diversity and help organizations create environments where employees thrive and business flourishes. For more information on how we can help your multicultural and diversity awareness needs, contact Laura Kauffman at 215.249.0100 x128 or visit us at www.pearlsbuck.org.
Working with employees, administrators, non-profits, and public organizations since 2018
- Bucks County schools
- Law enforcement
- Banking organizations
- Health Care
- Chambers of Commerce
Let me count the ways Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are essential to our world:
- It is based on the highest notion of being the best we can be as human beings.
- To utilize the full potential and ingenuity of the American people to solve problems in the world, in business, government, organizations, communities and as individuals.
- To create the basis for a truly free and democratic society.
- To manage the multicultural changes already taking shape in the workplace.