Volunteers at Pearl S. Buck International play an important part in sharing the history of Pearl S. Buck and her National Historic Landmark house, organizing community events, and fundraising for the organization.
Volunteers do this by serving in a variety of roles such as docents and facilitators, who lead guided tours of the Pearl S. Buck House; clerks, who staff the International Gift Shop; office assistants, who help the staff of Pearl S. Buck International with clerical and other office needs; and event organizers for the Holiday Craft Show and Community Holiday Open House.
To learn how you can become a volunteer at Pearl S. Buck International, please register and attend one of the volunteer orientations. Volunteer orientation dates for 2020 are:
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 1 pm
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 6 pm
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 10 am
- Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 1 pm
- Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 6 pm
- Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 10:30 am
- Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 10:30 am
- Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 1 pm
- Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 10:30 am
- Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 6 pm
- Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 1 pm
Volunteering at Pearl S. Buck International is like going home. All the staff and volunteers are united in their passion for the work of the organization and support each other in many ways. It is such a good feeling to be continuing the work and legacy of Pearl Buck and at the same time enjoying time spent with friends.
I love being a volunteer here for two reasons: It’s a beautiful place to be with wonderful people, both staff and volunteers and I love telling the story of Pearl S. Buck.
To have Pearl S. Buck’s home of Green Hill Farms in our community is a true gem. To experience the history, culture and the charm first hand is one of the many reasons I chose to be a volunteer. The sense of fulfillment here is amazing.