Pearl S. Buck International offers a stimulating work environment in a tranquil and historic setting, convenient to locations in Bucks and Montgomery Counties. People who want to make a difference in the world find extra satisfaction in working with a team who carry on Pearl S. Buck’s legacy of bridging cultures and changing lives.
Pearl S. Buck International is committed to supporting the development of students pursuing higher education degrees. Currently, only non-paid internships are available. Please contact Jill Reeder at email@example.com for more information.
Volunteer Taking Action Tour Facilitator Opportunities
Pearl S. Buck International is seeking new volunteer facilitators to greet visitors and lead the Pearl S. Buck: Taking Action Tour at the Pearl S. Buck House, a National Historic Landmark. Through the use of story-telling, dialogue and questioning techniques, facilitate conversations focused on relevant social issues. Relate Pearl S. Buck’s personal experiences, writings and humanitarian works to current-day issues. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer tour facilitator or just want to learn more, contact Curator Marie Toner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Facilitator Training Program with an assigned mentor
- Participate in on-going continuing education/training programs
- Choose Taking Action tour times from the master schedule
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour time
- Facilitate tours in accordance with museum standards by being factual, friendly and firmly in control of your group
- Provide tour feedback to the Museum Curator, as requested
- Participate in re-certification at required times
- Possess interpersonal skills with an emphasis on communication and public speaking
- Be proficient in using questioning techniques to facilitate discussion
- Desirable attributes include being friendly, detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, innovative, articulate, reliable, and a team-player
The Pearl S. Buck House, a National Historic Landmark
The Pearl S. Buck National Historic Landmark Home is unique in that it is one of few sites which, in addition to being a house museum, is actively continuing the work of its founder. While telling Pearl S. Buck’s extraordinary story, her house ultimately serves as a means to create a dialogue of relevant social issues. Docent-led Historical and Facilitator-led tours are offered.