Pearl S. Buck International offers a stimulating work environment in a tranquil and historic setting, convenient to locations in Bucks and Montgomery Counties. People who want to make a difference in the world find extra satisfaction in working with a team who carry on Pearl S. Buck’s legacy of bridging cultures and changing lives.
There are currently no job opportunities. Please check back at a later date.
Pearl S. Buck International is committed to supporting the development of students pursuing higher education degrees. Currently, only non-paid internships are available. Please contact Jill Reeder at email@example.com for more information.
Volunteer Taking Action Tour Facilitator Opportunities
Pearl S. Buck International is seeking new volunteer facilitators to greet visitors and lead the Pearl S. Buck: Taking Action Tour at the Pearl S. Buck House, a National Historic Landmark. Through the use of story-telling, dialogue and questioning techniques, facilitate conversations focused on relevant social issues. Relate Pearl S. Buck’s personal experiences, writings and humanitarian works to current-day issues. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer tour facilitator or just want to learn more, call 215-249-0100.
- Complete the Facilitator Training Program with an assigned mentor
- Participate in on-going continuing education/training programs
- Choose Taking Action tour times from the master schedule
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour time
- Facilitate tours in accordance with museum standards by being factual, friendly and firmly in control of your group
- Provide tour feedback to the Museum Curator, as requested
- Participate in re-certification at required times
- Possess interpersonal skills with an emphasis on communication and public speaking
- Be proficient in using questioning techniques to facilitate discussion
- Desirable attributes include being friendly, detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, innovative, articulate, reliable, and a team-player
The Pearl S. Buck House, a National Historic Landmark
The Pearl S. Buck National Historic Landmark Home is unique in that it is one of few sites which, in addition to being a house museum, is actively continuing the work of its founder. While telling Pearl S. Buck’s extraordinary story, her house ultimately serves as a means to create a dialogue of relevant social issues. Docent-led Historical and Facilitator-led tours are offered.