Training Today’s Young Adults to Become Tomorrow’s Global Leaders
The Global Leadership Program, for high school students from grades 9 through 11, is designed to help teens and young adults become better students, college applicants, and global citizens. Participants put their newly acquired skills to use working collaboratively on a service project of their choice, with proceeds donated toward Pearl S. Buck International’s mission and work. At the completion of the program, students and their families celebrate their success at a graduation ceremony, knowing that they have made a contribution to the world.
2024 Dates Coming Soon
Check back soon for more information on our 2024 sessions!
How to Apply
(Application process is not currently open)
Pay the administration fee through our secure online form.
Fill out the editable PDF application form, then download.
Have 2 references fill out the editable PDF recommendation form.
Email all 3 forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by session application deadline.
What you can expect:
- Engagement in discussions, simulations, and community service
- Relationship and team building with teens from multiple high schools and differing backgrounds
- Honing communication, leadership, organization, and decision-making skills
- Building cultural and diversity awareness
- Opportunities to collaborate, work creatively, and give back to Pearl S. Buck International’s mission and work
What we will expect from you:
- For our virtual sessions: Access to a computer with camera, audio, and strong internet connection (if you do not have these capabilities, we can still work with you! Please let us know if you will require technology)
- Involvement and active participation in discussions, sharing, and coursework
- Commitment to meetings
- All students are to adhere to the same standards of behavior whether online or in person. For our virtual sessions: Everything the students post in the chat window can be viewed by our instructors. We will be asking students to sign an online waiver