Training Today’s Young Adults to Become Tomorrow’s Global Leaders
The Global Leadership Program, for high school students from grades 9 through 11, is designed to help teens and young adults become better students, college applicants, and global citizens. Participants put their newly acquired skills to use working collaboratively on a service project of their choice, with proceeds donated toward Pearl S. Buck International’s mission and work. At the completion of the program, students and their families celebrate their success at a graduation ceremony, knowing that they have made a contribution to the world.
Registration for Our Summer Sessions Is Now Closed Check Again Soon for Fall Session Dates
Apply Now for Our Summer Sessions:
Summer Session #1: July 18-22, 2022
Summer Session #2: August 1-5, 2022
Classes from 9 am to 4 pm
*Both of these sessions will be in-person
How to Apply
Pay the $30 admin fee through our secure online form.
Fill out the editable PDF application form, then download.
Send the editable PDF recommendation form to 2 references to fill out.
What you can expect:
- Engagement in discussions, simulations, and community service
- Relationship and team building with teens from multiple high schools and differing backgrounds
- Honing communication, leadership, organization, and decision-making skills
- Building cultural and diversity awareness
- Opportunities to collaborate, work creatively, and give back to Pearl S. Buck International’s mission and work
What we will expect from you:
- For our virtual sessions: Access to a computer with camera, audio, and strong internet connection (if you do not have these capabilities, we can still work with you! Please let us know if you will require technology)
- Involvement and active participation in discussions, sharing, and coursework
- Commitment to meetings
- All students are to adhere to the same standards of behavior whether online or in person. For our virtual sessions: Everything the students post in the chat window can be viewed by our instructors. We will be asking students to sign an online waiver