Virtual Global Leadership Program
The Global Leadership Program, for students from grades 9 through 11, is designed to help young adults become better students, college applicants, and global citizens. Participants put their newly acquired skills to use working collaboratively on a service project of their choice, with proceeds donated toward Pearl S. Buck International’s mission and work. At the completion of the program, students and their families celebrate their success at a graduation ceremony, knowing that they have made a contribution to the world.
What you can expect: The same great opportunity, only virtually!
- Engagement in discussions, simulations, and community service
- Relationship and team building with teens from multiple high schools and differing backgrounds
- Honing communication, leadership, organization, and decision-making skills
- Building cultural and diversity awareness
- Opportunities to collaborate, work creatively, and give back to Pearl S. Buck International’s mission and work
What we will expect from you: The same commitment & excitement!
- Access to a computer with camera, audio, and strong internet connection (if you do not have these capabilities, we can still work with you! Please let us know if you will require technology)
- Involvement and active participation in online discussions, sharing, and coursework
- Commitment to online evening meetings
- All students are to adhere to the same standards of behavior online as they would face-to-face. Everything the students post in the chat window can be viewed by our instructors. We will be asking students to sign an online waiver
Next 2021 Virtual Program
Application deadline: TBA
Student and parent orientation: TBA