Virtual Global Leadership is Returning
The Global Leadership Program, for students from grades 9 through 11, is designed to help young adults become better students, college applicants, and global citizens. Participants put their newly acquired skills to use working collaboratively on a service project of their choice, with proceeds donated toward Pearl S. Buck International’s mission and work. At the completion of the program, students and their families celebrate their success at a graduation ceremony, knowing that they have made a contribution to the world.
What you can expect: The same great opportunity, only virtually!
- Engagement in discussions, simulations, and community service
- Relationship and team building with teens from multiple high schools and differing backgrounds
- Honing communication, leadership, organization, and decision-making skills
- Building cultural and diversity awareness
- Opportunities to collaborate, work creatively, and give back to Pearl S. Buck International’s mission and work
What we will expect from you: The same commitment & excitement!
- Access to a computer with camera, audio, and strong internet connection (if you do not have these capabilities, we can still work with you! Please let us know if you will require technology)
- Involvement and active participation in online discussions, sharing, and coursework
- Commitment to online evening meetings
- All students are to adhere to the same standards of behavior online as they would face-to-face. Everything the students post in the chat window can be viewed by our instructors. We will be asking students to sign an online waiver
Applications are currently closed for the Winter 2021 session.
Thursday, January 28—Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Application deadline: Friday, January 15, 2021
Student and parent orientation: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 6-7:30 pm
Classes: Sunday, January 31, 5-7:30 pm to Tuesday, April 20, 5–7:30 pm, once a week on Tuesdays (except for Sunday, Jan. 31 class)
Graduation: Friday, April 23, 2021, 6-8 pm