A National Historic Landmark
The Pearl S. Buck House, a National Historic Landmark in Bucks County, PA, was the home of Pearl S. Buck and her family. The beautiful and iconic Bucks County stone farmhouse contains a rich, intact collection from the extraordinary (the typewriter on which she wrote The Good Earth) to the ordinary (a closet full of board games her family played).
The grounds of the estate also contain Pearl S. Buck’s gravesite, greenhouse, award-winning gardens, Cultural Center (a former barn where Ms. Buck held community events), the Estate Pavilion (which houses special events and weddings), and the Welcome Center (which contains the International Gift Shop, the Exhibit Gallery, and the offices of Pearl S. Buck International).
Mission of the Pearl S. Buck House
The Pearl S. Buck House will continue the legacy of Pearl S. Buck through preservation, interpretation, storytelling, and dialogue, linking the past to the present, to engage diverse audiences, while educating, inspiring, and empowering visitors to become active citizens and humanitarians.
Vision of the Pearl S. Buck House
The Pearl S. Buck House will inspire every visitor, through story and dialogue, to take action and make our world a better place.
Zoom Meeting Backgrounds
Miss the Pearl S. Buck House while it’s been closed due to the coronavirus? Now, you can use a Pearl S. Buck House background during your Zoom meetings, and feel as if you’re working out of this beautiful and iconic National Historic Landmark!
Instructions for Use
- Download one—or all!—of your favorite Pearl S. Buck House backgrounds below by right-clicking the image and saving the file to your computer
- Log into Zoom. Click on your username in the upper right-hand corner and go to Settings
- Once in Settings, you will see a menu on the left. Click on Virtual Background
- You will have the option to “Choose virtual background”—click on the +, and choose Add Image
- Upload your Pearl S. Buck House background.
- Feel like you’re working out on the home of a Nobel- and Pulitzer-Prize winning author
Using a solid color background, especially green, works best when uploading a special background.
A glorious setting, a wonderful house filled with Pearl Buck’s family memorabilia. Tour guide was so knowledgeable, so accommodating, so filled with interesting history about the house, Pearl Buck and the family. Rooms are set up to give the sense that they are still in use, that the family just stepped out. Very enjoyable.